Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Blog on Bloggers

Before I even searched through different bloggers that were available to look through, I decided that I could choose one that I thought was interesting by reading what other people in class had to say about different bloggers they read about themselves. Kiley's was the first one that I clicked on. She wrote about Heather Armstrong, it immediately caught my attention because just like me, Heather was also a designer. What she loves about blogging is the freedom you have. You have no one to deal with and you can write what you want, clients are non-existent in this realm. It's also a great way for her to take a break from her many hours on Photoshop.

I'd like to think that Heather's writing has changed drastically (subject wise) since she's first started. She mentioned that she no longer writes about the news, what's on television, or even music. With a family now, most of her writing relates to her life with her husband and child. I believe she gets so many hits on her site because people like to read stories that they can relate to easily; having a family and the chaos and memories that come with it are extremely relatable. She also mentions that she says things that many people are afraid to say, this attracts more of an audience. With me being soft-spoken, I know that this aspect of her writing would attract me to her site.

Reading more into Heather, it's nice to find out that whenever she writes, she's just being herself. She puts herself into her blog and people love that. She's not faking it or doing it for money, it's simply for the fact that she loves to blog and tell her story. She writes for herself. "If a blog has soul people will come to it."

Reading the interview about Heather, the one major thing I noticed was that you have to be yourself when blogging, if you stray away from that then you won't be successful. She's an inspiration to new bloggers of all kinds. The best part is that she's a designer, just like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment